Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Hey cane

  1. #1
    Inactive Member knight_67's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2002
    Posts
    2,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Hey cane

    How'd the trip to the beach go???
    Get any pics or video of the concert??
    "i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"



  2. #2
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hey cane

    Hey bro--concert was outstanding. I have a whole new respect for all 3 of those bands.

    For those that don't know--myself, the_alienist, and some others went to Myrtle Beach to the House of Blues and saw Shadows Fall, Lacuna Coil, and Stone Sour on that stop of the Jagermeister Tour.

    I used to like Shadows Fall only casually, loved how heavy they were but they weren't one of my main faves. Then I saw them at the HOB, and they are fuggin unreal live. They put on a very VERY good show, and are loud as hell. Whole new respect for them especially.

    Lacuna Coil was the same. Cristina Scabbia is just as much of a goddess in person as she is on TV--just ask the_alienist... [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] But they also put on an awesome show too--great set up and very theatrical, but still heavy.

    Stone Sour brought the friggin house down though. They played a good mix of their older and newer stuff, and the live musicianship they all displayed was top notch. The coolest part of the entire show was when Corey Taylor came out on stage by himself in the middle of the show, Les Paul in hand, and proceeded to not play "Bother" or "Through Glass", but instead played that song by Chris Issak "Wicked Game". Took EVERYONE by surprise. He then went into "Bother", then played a rendition of "Sweet Home Alabama" but changed it to "Sweet Home Carolina". After that, he pulled some Johnny Cash out of his arse and played "Ring of Fire". By this point I was flippin out. Then, he started back into SS's stuff and played "Through Glass" and the band came back on and joined back in w/him on that. They were by far the loudest and cleanest as far as musicianship goes of all 3 of the bands. Corey Taylor has to be considered (between Slipknot & SS) to be one of the best frontmen of all time. He's great live.

    You missed it bro. We did some partying too--wish you could have gone.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hey cane

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lacuna Coil was the same. Cristina Scabbia is just as much of a goddess in person as she is on TV--just ask the_alienist... [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] But they also put on an awesome show too--great set up and very theatrical, but still heavy.

    </div></div>

    I have a feeling you got smacked for something there.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #4
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hey cane

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1inStripes</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lacuna Coil was the same. Cristina Scabbia is just as much of a goddess in person as she is on TV--just ask the_alienist... [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] But they also put on an awesome show too--great set up and very theatrical, but still heavy.

    </div></div>

    I have a feeling you got smacked for something there.</div></div>

    Actually no. I resisted the temptation and wanted to see Stone Sour so bad that I stayed behind with a couple of our friends to save our seats, while she and our buddy TJ went to go get some autographs from Lacuna Coil after their set (they were signing at their merch table out front). She gets to the front of the line, and of course, is pretty much awestruck as any of us would be when face to face with a rockstar--and a beautiful one at that. She said to Cristina the first thing that came to mind: "You guys are awesome, and you're a goddess!!!", to which Cristina humbly replied, "Thank you so much, that's so sweet!".

    And that was the_alienist's brush with rockstar Cristina Scabbia. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hey cane

    Brush? Sounds more like a crush/come on! You lucky rascal you!
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  6. #6
    Inactive Member yankeebaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,387
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hey cane

    Shadows Fall is the best of those 3 bands, I prefer Nightwish as my female lead band, although they are no more. Im neither here nor there over Stone Sour. Corey seems to have mutatated (sp) into something odd these days.

    Still Question All I've Known
    -shadows fall

  7. #7
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hey cane

    Mutated INTO something odd? You don't get much more odd than the guy that's eccentric enough to be the lead singer of Slipknot and do the crazy stronzo he does w/them.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member yankeebaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,387
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hey cane

    His attitude, I loved the Knot when they first came out, I really thought they were gonna be new breathe of fresh air. The first two albums were really good, I havent much cared for stuff after that. He came out and said what he needed to say in the first couple records. Then the pentagrams, goatheads and 666 took the prominant role, they just arent that sort of band IMO. I actually, like what Shadows Fall sing said in a interiew, that they werent an evil band, they are not even gonna try that rout, it had been done and Slayer pretty much does it better than anyone, they were on tour with Slayer at the time. Dont get me wrong I like both the Knot and Stone Sour, I just dont like them as much as I once did or could ya know. But I would say that was a good show.
    Nothing but the process is infinite
    Eternal, endless, indefinite

  9. #9
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hey cane

    It really was man. Shadows Fall was awesome--Stone Sour was my favorite though. Just tastes in music man. We're basically splitting hairs as it goes.

    I get what you're saying about early Slipknot. The first couple of albums were great, had more of a brooding yet in your face substance to them. Then w/Iowa, all the goatheads and stuff came into play. Iowa was the bridge between their early stuff which was great but raw, and Vol. 3 which was also great in it's own way and showed how much Slipknot had refined their sound, IMO. That entire album was cohesive, kept a theme, and yet the sounds they put out were so chaotic--and the lyrics were still relatively deep. I like what they've become and I hope there's more of the feel they had on Vol. 3 for their next (and probably last) album.

    Shadows Fall has underwent the same type of maturation from The War Within, to Fallout From The War, to now Threads of Life. They're still heavy as hell, they're not trying to copy anyone else, just going with that thrash metal inspiration w/o losing originality. I dig what they do a whole lot, and really respect them a lot more after that concert. Constant energy and highly technical riffs.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hey cane

    I thought they said that Vol. 3 was their final album. Has something changed since then? That's the only one that's worth a dime imo. That's a great disk.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •